Thank you for taking the time to view training opportunities in ACCS. It is a popular training programme within the Kent, Surrey & Sussex LETB; it continues to grow year on year and is being offered by a wide range of trusts within our region. This prospectus is for all foundation doctors and those looking for their first step into core training, particularly those who are contemplating a career in acute medicine, anaesthesia or emergency medicine.
Our programmes span the whole of the Kent, Surrey and Sussex counties with good relationships and links with other LETBs. The aim of ACCS training is to produce multi-competent junior doctors able to recognise and manage the sick patient and who have the complementary specialty training required for the programmes in emergency medicine, acute medicine, anaesthesia and ICM.
“It is the only route for entry into emergency medicine training for trainees exiting the foundation programme.”
For more information regarding entry into emergency medicine please see the attachment ‘Entry Routes into Emergency Medicine’.
ACCS is currently a three year programme with trainees exiting into either acute medicine, anaesthetics or emergency medicine specialties. The training year starts in August with full and comprehensive training in each of your placements. For further information please follow these links:
Acute medicine exit: ACCS/Core Medicine and Acute Medicine Programme
Anaesthetic exit: ACCS/Core Anaesthetics Programme
Emergency medicine exit: ACCS and Emergency Medicine Programme
The first two years of the programme are generic to all three exit specialties and follow the ACCS curriculum. It is during the third year of the ACCS programme that trainees divide according to their chosen exit specialty to spend a year in their chosen specialty following the relevant curriculum to ensure that they are in a position to apply to the appropriate higher specialty training programme
We are currently offering a number of core ACCS training programmes across Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
What do you want to know?
- A list of hospitals where we hold ACCS programmes – please click on the link below to find out more information about the opportunities available.
- Applying for ACCS as your specialty – please find out how by clicking on ‘How to Apply’
- For more information about the schools and committees of your chosen specialty – please follow the links to the relevant pages to view a message from the Head of School or Committee
- Any other queries about our ACCS programmes in general – please email your enquiry in to email@example.com
- We welcome feedback at any time about our prospectus, if you have any comments please email MedicalRecruitment.LaSE@hee.nhs.uk